The team is exited to introduce tooling to allow easier installation and configuration of a SDL Knowledge Center 2016 Content Manager 12.0.0 deployment. ISHDeploy is a PowerShell module that enables the code as configuration concept for SDL’s Knowledge Center Content Manager (= LiveContent Architect = Trisoft InfoShare) service.
The module is available for public use in PowerShell gallery. To quickly install the module and query the available deployments
- On a server with Content Manager deployments, open a PowerShell session with administrator rights.
- Execute Install-Module ISHDeploy.12.0.0 -Repository PSGallery -Force
- Execute Get-ISHDeployment
Please note that all ISHDeploy cmdlets that change files need administrator rights to function.
In the screenshot below you can notice I have two deployments named InfoShareORA and InfoShareSQL. These reflect my lab setup.
What is does this pre-release offer?
- Enable/Configure UI features
- Enable Content Editor (XOPUS), quality assistant
- Configure the Event Monitor tab
- Enable the external preview
- Security Token Service integration
- Integrate a Vanilla deployment with a Security Token Service.
- Issuer certificate rollover
What does pre-release mean
- The set of the cmdlets is not yet complete.
- All functionality is tested thoroughly. We are looking for feedback from experimental scripts.
- Known issues
- If you browse directly to https://sdl.github.io/ISHDeploy/12.0.0/ then it is not resolving. We know the cause for this issue and we’ll address it with the next release.
- In the change log the release name is incorrect.
Where to reach out for feedback and questions?
- Bellow in the comment feeds
- On the github repository